what are the methods of estimation ?
- Numeric sizing (1 to 10)
- T-shirt sizing (XS to XXXL)
- Fibonacci sequence (1,2,3,5 to 89, Coffee Time to think more about it !)
- even dog breeds sizes ! (Chihuahua to Great Dane)
- more details
Why Fibonacci is better ?
- the first and the most important reason is ” Its cool ! “
- as the number increase the level of uncertainly increase and that remind you to break down a task [more detail]
- larger gaps between people estimation help to understand the level of uncertainly [more detail]
A quick example
- what is the size of your phone in centimeter ? [numeric :1] [T-shirt :XS] [Fibonacci :1]
- what is the size of your desk in centimeter ? [numeric :2] [T-shirt :S] [Fibonacci :2]
- what is the distance between your desk to front door in centimeter ?[numeric :4] [T-shirt :M] [Fibonacci :13]
- what is the distance between your desk and your house door in centimeter ? [T-shirt :L] [Fibonacci :21]
- what is the distance between your house to Pizza tower ?! [numeric :1000] [T-shirt :XXXL][Fibonacci : Coffee !]
basically you should revise when your level of uncertainly increase or you are not sure about the complexity of the task and Fibonacci give you a better feeling to choose a right task to break down .
In my opinion the best way of Scrum poker is use Chris Sims method and order the task from easy to hard and then try to assign complexity number with Fibonacci algorithm.